OrCAD Capture CIS integrates the schematic design application with the features of a component information system (CIS) to streamline production, and help Capture users design more intelligently.
Cadence® OrCAD® Capture CIS integrates the features of a component information system with Cadence schematic capture technology. Capture CIS includes the proven, industry-standard schematic entry tools in OrCAD Capture and an advanced component information system that is accessed directly in the Capture interface. CIS gives designers important component information at their fingertips which helps them to reduce production delays and cost overruns through efficient management of components. CIS also augments the time savings of a highly efficient schematic entry tool by reducing the time spent searching for existing parts to reuse, manually entering part information content, and maintaining component data.
CIS can be enhanced even further with the Component Information Portal™ (CIP). CIP is a comprehensive, “off-the-shelf” CIS management environment that includes a component library with a per-defined set of fields to help take the guesswork out of defining a database schema. This allows for immediate and effective use of the CIS.
- Integrates with a robust component information system (CIS) to promote reuse of preferred, current parts
- Accelerates the design process and lowers project costs
- Reduces time spent researching parts
- Enables intelligent component selection with access to MRP, ERP, and PLM data
- Powerful design variants capability to support multiple design configurations and bills of materials (BOMs) in a single design